The spirit burner:
- It is easy to use, due to the simple construction.
- The burner works even at severe cold
- The fuel is rather cheap.
- It takes longer to reach the boiling point (compared to when using a gas burner), partly due to lower power.
- The spirit burner produces more soot than the gas burner.
The gas burner:
- It takes a shorter time to reach the boiling point, due to the higher power.
- It is easy to use. It produces no soot.
It is easy to adjust the power during use.
- It does not work at a temperature below -10 degrees Celsius.
- The fuel is more expensive than for the spirit burner.
It is more difficult to determine when you are running out of fuel in the container.
The multi-fuel burner:
- It has a high power, even at very low temperatures. It takes short time to reach the boiling point
It works with several different fuels. X2 works with kerosene, white gas and cartridge gas.
- It is slightly more complicated to use than the other burners, because pre-heating is required.
The multi-fuel burner is more expensive than the spirit burner and the gas burner.